Issues

My daughter and I have had some issues come between us lately.

That got me to thinking how many times God and I have had issues come between Him and I. We have had many. And of course, the issues in this relationship are not a two way street. When it comes to my daughter and I, we're both at fault. When it comes to God and I, I am at fault. It's amazing how He uses my relationship with my daughter to show me how He feels when I grieve Him. It never fails. I always find myself thinking: "This is how God must feel when I rebel against Him."

He also uses my relationship with my daughter when it comes to who she is and the good things she does. When I look at her and things are going good and think about how beautiful and talented she is, I think: "This is how God must feel about me when He looks upon me." He, after all, chose me to be His child when I didn't want much at all to do with Him. Why would he do that except that He loves me? It's hard for me to understand why I don't think like this much of the time. Probably because I have been taught that God is Holy - not to be taken lightly or trifled with - and to think of Him as my Savior and King - He is to be reverently thought of and spoken about. That's all true, but the problem is, that would be an incomplete picture. In the Bible, he says we are his friends. Friends like each other. They spend time with each other. They seek out each other's advice in times of indecision. They seek each other's comfort in times of distress. Friends might respect one another, even revere each other, but certainly they don't think of each other as a kind of untouchable figure. But with God, we do - or at least I do.

Father, while you indeed are my King and Savior; You are to be revered because You are Holy. But you are also my friend. Remind me of that. Often. Thank you for Your love and Your sacrifice for me. I exalt you before men and raise your name for all to see. You are my only hope, not only here on earth, but for all eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jason Castro Sings "Clumsy"

Thanks for the Warning!