Don't You Know? Part 8

Don't you know a new day is coming? That all hope is not lost?

For one man, apparently all hope WAS lost. I received a call from a friend this morning and was informed that one of her friends had passed away. The situation sounded like it was possibly a suicide. My friend was shaken and upset as she had just spoken to her friend. I didn't know her friend, but any time I hear of someone taking their own life, it unsettles me as well and leaves me with a sense of regret for them and their families. They've chosen to miss out on so much without even realizing it.

I also couldn't help but think of the few times I had thought about suicide in the distant past and how much I would have missed had I gone through with it. I was a 20-something who thought his life was over. I had lost all hope. Now, as a 40-something with a marriage of 18 years to a woman I love dearly, 3 kids that I wouldn't trade for anything, a meaningful career with an organization that helps others in need and 20 years of experiences - both good and bad - and man! I'm so glad I didn't end my life! I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I would have been to miss out on the last 20 years!

But the most important loss for me had I committed suicide? My soul. You see, I had not yet met my Savior. Thank God He found me and broke through all the pain I was experiencing or I would not have the greatest joy awaiting me: Eternity with a Creator who loves me.

Friend, if you are considering ending it all, don't. There is hope - not only in Jesus, but in tomorrow. There's ALWAYS a better day coming. Don't end your chance at a better tomorrow. Find someone to reach out to and hang on to them. Ask God to save you. Do anything, but don't do the one thing you can't take back. You'll not regret your decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jason Castro Sings "Clumsy"

Thanks for the Warning!