Dysfunction

This story has severe family dysfunction written all over it.

The parents it seems to me, are more interested in the world knowing how disgusted they are with their daughter and how "righteous" they are than they are about loving their daughter. How many of you really believe that calling your child out in the media is really the best way to lovingly confront them on an issue? Strict "Christian" upbringings have always concerned me. They seem to work against the very thing you want for your children: to follow the God you follow.

But the quote of the story for me is this:

"I'm not ashamed of it," she said. "Everyone's looking for me to be, 'Well, I'm so ashamed of it and that's why I kissed a girl!' No way! I still have 'Jesus' tattooed on my wrist. And I still have faith and a foundation of my own."

"A foundation of my own," she says. That may just be her problem. Any time we build our lives on a foundation of our own, we are in danger of collapse. We are building on sand. And our "foundation" will eventually be washed away. It's a lesson I have to continually learn over and over again. I pray that she learns sooner than I have...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jason Castro Sings "Clumsy"

The Use of Influence