You Just Never Know...

I was reading through some sent emails earlier this evening and ran across an email I had sent back before Christmas 2006. I was asking my mother to let me know what she wanted and some ideas for Oz - her husband. Funny how things changes in an instant - and there's no going back. Oz, at that time, though none of us knew it, only had about 6 months to live. He inexplicably fell 15 feet to his death the following April. No more requests for Oz's christmas wish list necessary. Christmas - and everything else changed in an instant for our family.

Back in 2004, we celebrated Christmas with my sister and her family. What we didn't know was that 2 months later,we would all find out that my brother in laws actions finally caught up with him - and he eventually ended up in prison for what will probably be the rest of his life. That day in February when my mom called me and gave us the startling and shattering news that Travis was not at all who he held himself out to be changed all of our lives forever. Again, Christmas - and everything else would never again be the same.

There is a lady in our church that just found out that her daughter is dying of cancer. They are praying for a miracle. I hope they get it. Regardless of the outcome, their lives will never be the same.

About the only thing that remains the same is that God is still on the throne - presiding over life and all the troubles it brings. Everything else is up for grabs when it comes to change. Dwell on this too long and you become fearful and wonder what's in store for you. What will happen tomorrow, next month, in six months, in a year?

The better course is to hand that fear to God, understand that He already has our days numbered -nothing surprises Him. We may not understand Him - why He does the things He does. But we can trust Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jason Castro Sings "Clumsy"

Thanks for the Warning!